"Throughout our lives, we must deal with change. Some changes are welcome; some are not. There are changes in our lives which are sudden, such as the unexpected passing of a loved one, an unforeseen illness, the loss of a possession we treasure. But most of the changes take place subtly and slowly. Day by day, minute by minute, second by second we went from where we were to where we are now. The lives of all of us, of course, go through similar alterations and changes. The difference between the changes in my life and the changes in yours is only in the details. Time never stands still; it must steadily march on, and with the marching come the changes. This is our one and only chance at mortal life—here and now. The longer we live, the greater is our realization that it is brief. Opportunities come, and then they are gone. I believe that among the greatest lessons we are to learn in this short sojourn upon the earth are lessons that help us distinguish between what is important and what is not. I plead with you not to let those most important things pass you by as you plan for that illusive and nonexistent future when you will have time to do all that you want to do. Instead, find joy in the journey—now. Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family. One day each of us will run out of tomorrows. " Thomas S. Monson

September 11, 2013

This is it, no going back...

13.1 miles because we are only HALF CRAZY!!!

Since getting married I always thought it would be a challenge to run a half marathon. I wanted to do it a few times the past few years and I really trained hard last spring and summer and got into really good shape (the best i have ever been i think) but a month before the race we got the surprise news about little khailo joining our family and my doctor said it wouldnt be the best idea for me to put that much stress on my body while pregnant, so i didnt run.

I knew i would be having little khai in march of this year and that it would be almost exactly 6 months post baby, the thought to run it again this year kept creeping up in my mind but i knew it would be next to impossible to train while having a newborn baby. all my hard working out before i got pregnant really paid off this pregnancy, i was pretty much back down to my pre pregnancy weight by june with only having to work out a few days a week for about 10/15 min. but I was not running like i had been last spring/summer, it was hard to find a 20 min window to run 2 miles (sad i know) and i was just happy with the weight i was loosing from what i was doing. During the summer a group of me and 3 friends decided to make a walking group and we would walk/jog 4 miles so we went out about 4 nights a week for a few months and then summer came to an end and life got CRAZY again...leaving no time to work out yet again.

my sweet neighbor said she was running the half and that i should run it too. At first i was thinking i have not trained NO WHERE NEAR enough to run 13.1 miles at one time. and then the thought came over me to just do it...take a chance and do it.

I knew if i didnt try this one i may not have another good chance...i asked nick if he would run it with me and he said haha nope, your nuts for wanting to run that far for no reason. and then the sweet man that i first fell in love with said he would run it with me if i wanted him too. I dont just want him too I NEEED HIM TOO...he will push me and make me do what i think i wont be able too do. running this with him is special to me, it something neither of us have done and its going to be BY FAR the hardest thing we will have both done yet...i KNOW childbirth will be much easier then what we are about to do, im sure by mile 9 i will be begging to just be in labor naturally and not going through the intense pain im imagining i will be in.

This week i have trying to stay calm and trying to just tell my self that i can do this and i can finish and push my self farther then i have ever done before in my life.

Iam worried cause i have only ran up to 6 miles thus far, mostly i have only been having time for 2 to 4 miles at a time while khai is down for his longer nap.
I just want to prove to my self "i CAN do hard things" and I will. my goal is under 3 hours but i would like to do it by 2.5 hours or even less then that but i dont know what the race day will hold or how my body will react after 7/8 miles so only time will tell but the biggest GOAL of this is to FINISH, cross the line alive :) and be proud to say i ran my first half marathon!!

I hope this race is great and I am excited to share it with nick, he is the one person that can push me farther then i think i can go.
Im excited for our boys to see us cross the finish line and to accomplish this goal and check it off my list!

wait for the update after our big race. cheer us on saturday morning!!!
(here is the map of the run we will be taking on, 13.1 miles down cedar canyon)

good advice!

Be very careful if you make a woman cry, because God counts her tears. The woman came out of a man's rib, not from his feet to be walked on, not from his head to be superior, but from his side to be equal! Under the arm to be protected, & next to the heart to be loved.

brothers forever

brothers forever

the haslem family