"Throughout our lives, we must deal with change. Some changes are welcome; some are not. There are changes in our lives which are sudden, such as the unexpected passing of a loved one, an unforeseen illness, the loss of a possession we treasure. But most of the changes take place subtly and slowly. Day by day, minute by minute, second by second we went from where we were to where we are now. The lives of all of us, of course, go through similar alterations and changes. The difference between the changes in my life and the changes in yours is only in the details. Time never stands still; it must steadily march on, and with the marching come the changes. This is our one and only chance at mortal life—here and now. The longer we live, the greater is our realization that it is brief. Opportunities come, and then they are gone. I believe that among the greatest lessons we are to learn in this short sojourn upon the earth are lessons that help us distinguish between what is important and what is not. I plead with you not to let those most important things pass you by as you plan for that illusive and nonexistent future when you will have time to do all that you want to do. Instead, find joy in the journey—now. Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family. One day each of us will run out of tomorrows. " Thomas S. Monson

May 11, 2016

Mothers day 2016

I love that there is a day for mothers...no matter how you look at the day it's just nice that someone cared enough to say thank you mom!

My sweet kiptin sure made it extra special, so many cards and drawing from him all day! He is so sweet to his mama...he picks me "flowers" most days when he is walking home off the bus, I got hugs and kisses from him the most and he always wants me to lay by him and snuggle at night!
All the boys were sweet and caring though! Kaylin helped the little boys make me cards too...Nick bought me some new clothes and shoes and we just hung out...talked to uncle parker from his mission and visited g & g haslem up in parowan as well as grandma Orton, we gave them each a rose and showed them the casting we made of g & g ortons hands!

I LOVE MY BOYS, I'm truly happy. My heart literally feels like it could swell so big and explode with the amount of love I have for this little family of ours...Nick and I make a good team with these boys...we fall short sometimes BUT man do we have some really good kids!
I have read a few things the past week that other moms have written to inspire mom's and one thing really stood out to me...well maybe a few....1) not to hold our kids to such a high standard, we as adults make so many mistakes, we have bad days, and so do our kids...they are KIDS...they are learning and it's hard. Just love them and love them as much as possible and then more beyond that!!
2) be the mom you want your kids to remember, a fun mom...a mom that puts them first and actually gets down and dirty with them...this summer I plan to have a blast with my kids, I will try my hardest to JUST BE WITH THEM!
3) they grow incredibly fast. Soak it up, take pictures of everything, video their sweet little voices...rose will be gone before you know it and you won't be ready for it so soak in every detail you can!

There was so much more I will write about in another post...for now I just want to make sure to thank my amazing husband for sharing this incredible life with me and for being the greatest dad in the world to then and showing them how to be men...yet keeping then little at the same time by being just a kid with them!  Thank you to my boys, I love you four more then I could literally ever tell you, one day you too will know this kind of love...yet a little different, as a mom I think there is just a deeper connection then just being a dad but love is love and it's deep! Thank you for all the mothers day drawings and all the love! You guys are my world!

good advice!

Be very careful if you make a woman cry, because God counts her tears. The woman came out of a man's rib, not from his feet to be walked on, not from his head to be superior, but from his side to be equal! Under the arm to be protected, & next to the heart to be loved.

brothers forever

brothers forever

the haslem family